Saturday, May 28, 2016

SUMMER OF '09 ARCHIVES: Leaving a Mark

This was my interview with Fred Schlatter, a local artist most famous for developing many of the signs for businesses around town. His style is very unmistakable, so it was nice to put a face behind the man who'd been creating all those signs.
Probably the most interesting thing about covering this story is that when I went to interview Delando Pagan (Yes, I spelled his name wrong in the article) of The Rellik Tavern (which I think had been open for only a few months at this point), Christi had to go inside and bring him out because I was still under 21 at that point. All in all, this was a fun story to write. Fred was a very nice person, and as far as I know, he's still creating art, but I'm not sure if he's created any more signs.




No comments:

Post a Comment